NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Can you Feel it ? I can !


My food that is . This maybe hard for some to comprehend if you have never experienced this but its something I have been  meaning to write about for a long time. I have been on liquids or mushy food for the last day or so because of stomach swelling from throwing up . When this happens its pain ful for me to eat. Even on "normal" days when I try to eat its painful and uncomfortable.
Something strange happens though on certain foods when I eat . I can actually feel my food pass through where my band is or maybe its where the scar tissue is now , But I can feel it going " down " into my stomach. Big deal huh ? Not so fast. Imagine trying to squeeze a tennis ball through a opening of a balloon and how that might feel . My doc even thought i was kind of crazy until he did an upper GI one day and I told him " I can feel that liquid right THERE " and where I pointed was where the liquid was sitting on top of my band . He knew then I could actually feel where food was in my body .

Today was a little different , I could actually feel my Pudding of all things going down . Normally I can sometimes feel liquids going through . But can you imagine how strange and frankly gross it would be if you could feel your food emptying into your stomach every time you ate it ? Yeah its not real peachy !

Why am I telling you all this NOW ? When I am trying to get surgery ? I think its important for other bandsters who are thinking about getting banded to read this /

No comments:

Post a Comment