NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 3, 2008

What do you eat ?


Is probably the most asked question by people to me .
OR Can you EAT THAT ? LOL
The better question is what DONT I eat LOL
I basically eat what I want when i want it .
I do not eat carbs or try my best to avoid them .
I try to avoid them and I have since my pre op diet ( until recently when I had a total unfill BAD idea )
If i want to eat a sweet though I will have one usually though for a special occasion . I do not eat them every day .

Calories ? I do not count calories unless i am not losing . When i do they generally stay between 1000 and 1200 a day .
Below 1000 and I dont lose . More than 1200 a day and its too much . People do not realize that not getting ENOUGH calories can harm you just as much as getting too many .

Here is some examples of what I eat on a daily basis. I have more ideas and things i eat for dinner but its too much to post for now .

Breakfast:
I am usually too tight in the am to eat Solids
So I have 1 SERVING of Bolthouse farms Protein shake .

Lunchs...
Morning star farms Soy Burgers (They sound nasty but they are good )
Veggie Stir fry ( from fresh Veggies )
If I am REALLY Tight I will eat some Laughing cow cheese and Crackers
Tuna salad and crackers
Chicken Salad and crackers ( usually with Hard boiled Eggs)
Salads ( w/ egg , ham , turkey , have to add protein to salads )
Chili
Most of the time its left overs from dinner the night before

Dinners

Proteins:
Fish ( salmon , Snapper , my husband fishes a lot )
Pork tenderloin
pork chops
Ground Turkey ( Turkey Burgers )
Tacos (1/2 ground turkey 1/2 ground meat the kids never know )
I will make pizza for the boys and only eat the toppings ( leave some off the side for my smothered in sauce , same thing w/ spaghetti )
Grilled Chicken breast
BBQ Chicken
Crock pot Chicken
Casseroles ( I have LOTS OF casserole Recipes they are GREAT , moist for us and the Boys , and kids are satisfied)
Steak sometimes
Stuffed bell Peppers
Roman Noodle Dish

Side Dishes
Mashed Potatoes
Baked Potatoes
Cucmber Salad
Stuffed Mushrooms
Veggie Stir Fry
Canned Veggies


Some of THE BEST Advice my nutritionist gave me early on was this : If your hungry and your eating a snack dont let it be a "waste" for instance ... if your hungry and you can have snacks the goal of the snack is to tide you over until your next meal. So for that snack you have say a Sugar Free jello or pudding is that going to hold you over for 2 hours or more ? NO why ? No protein .
Anything w/ out protein that goes in your mouth if the goal is to keep you full is a waste.
the key I believe is PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN !!!! So i try to think before i put something in my mouth LIQUIDS or Solids " Is this a waste " ?

Eating healthy was a gradual process over the yr of being banded. As I found some things I could not eat I slowly just started eating better.
I eat more veggies than I have ever eaten in my LIFE !! I go through probably 6 bell peppers a week !!
But I feel better than I ever have in my life !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment