NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 3, 2008

How do you do it ?

Another Questions I am asked a lot . One reason I started to do these blogs is to help . I dont want to be or come off as self center, or "Special " or Egotistical at all. I am writing all this out to try to help others. I do not think that my weight loss is anything special or anything that anyone else has not or can not done .
I decided to do this also because lately I have had LOTS Of emails w/ people asking me " what is your secret ?" how have you lost your weight ? Im not even at goal yet ! I am very flattered !I will say also that some people think that my weight loss is "Fast" or above average. It might have been a LITTLE but if you average it out per WEEK its 2.5 lbs per week which is about average.


First off I am not an expert, I am not at goal yet , i am not perfect and I have had some issues w/ my band (Nothing major though )
This is what I have done that has worked for ME ! So please do not write me and say " blah blah blah " if you dont agree w/ it.
Also if ANY Of this goes against YOUR Doctor do not do it with out checking w/ them first.
Now that being said. My docs advice for meals are I can have 3 meals a day and 2 snacks.

SO here goes !!!
1.My BIGGEST Rule is I FOLLOW The rules my doctor gave me .
The first 6 weeks post op I followed his rules to a T . After having major surgery on of all things my stomach no way i was gonna screw that up !!! So PLEASE PEOPLE While your healing at least do what your doc says and stop going to Burger king 3 days after surgery to eat !!! This is my BIGGEST pet Peeve and one of the things that PISSES Me off THE MOST if people " Cheating" the first 6 weeks or so during the healing stage. I mean SERIOUSLY Come on people ! How not smart is that ? You just had SURGERY , CONTROL Yourself for a few weeks to make sure your band heals well so you might have it for a LONG LONG TIME !!
Pretty simple to ME !

2. I do not drink when I eat
liquids up. I Drink my liquids up until my meal come , then I stop .
Then I resume drinking one hour after my meal is done .

3. NO carbonation EVER Again for me . I feel this is a rule that is VERY important as well as the drinking w/ eating.
These 2 have the potential to stretch your pouch out down the road.

4. I avoid carbs the best I can , . White breads, rice pasta, Junk food. They are a killer for me and make me crave CRAP

5. I eat lots of veggies.

6. I do not drink from straws

7. I eat when im hungry , which usually is 3 meals and 1 snack.

8. I get fills as soon as i need them . I do not wait until im eating a lot AND stop losing weight . I get fills as soon as I am able to eat more than "normal"

I think those are it ? Or at least the main ones ?

Now for working out ...
I do not do much of it as of lately . I got very sick in Feb w/ pneumonia and had to stop working out and I am just now getting back into it .

1 comment:

  1. Mindy.. nice format...I love the page. Looking forward to more from you on it ;))

    ReplyDelete