NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Expectations of Surgery


When I started looking into WLS and Lap Band Surgery I was also talking to my OB about the PCOS . I had a major concern that the PCOS would keep me from losing weight . I mean it made sense right ? I could not lose weight with OUT the band why would it be possible to lose it WITH the band ? The PCOS is still there . One of the things that my OB told me is , " you will lose weight with the band but you will most likely lose it SLOWLY because of the PCOS " . Ok I was cool w/ that . It took me years to get the weight on im good if it takes years to get it off.

I Have since had some friends who have had WLS , made friends who have had WLS ect since I had surgery and I notice them getting frustrated when the weight is not coming off "fast" enough or Soon enough . This was something that never happened to me . I know your thinking "SURE because you lost fast Bitch " LOL But honestly , I was not expecting anything going into this other than to JUST LOSE.

So I think the #1 thing I would tell ANYONE going into any WLS is to not expect ANYTHING !
Do not expect to lose weight at a certain pace, do not expect to lose like someone you know, Someone else who had surgery the same day as you ect. It does nothing but set you up for frustration , failure and upset. So there is no point !!
Why do that to yourself ? I think its just better to take things as they come . Be content w/ who you are and how your weight comes off. Make some mini goals for yourself and achieve those one at a time !!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mindy,

    I have just decided on having lap band surgery and hopefully with have my surgery at the end of January.

    I am so glad I have found your blog. I too have PCOS and have not had success in losing weight. I was wondering if it would work for me, after all nothing else has.

    You have given me hope!
    Thanks
    Bel

    ReplyDelete