NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Friday, September 19, 2014

Ya Gotta WORK !





Its been about 4 months since my sleeve to bypass surgery . While it seems like a long long time ago it really has not been that long. I have learned a few things along the way , from this surgery and my others.
First the #1 question I get asked is " Since you have had the lap band, sleeve and now RNY which surgery is best and which is best for me " . While surgery and which surgery to get is a totally personal choice I can say this to people .. First off NEVER GET THE LAP BAND ( I dont like to tell people what NOT to do but this is one i will stand by . DO NOT GET THE BAND ! ) Second off its hard for me to answer this question as to what I like the best. The lap band was "easy" the weight came off with no effort on my part. We all know now the damage it caused so "easy " is not a word I would contiune to use with it . The sleeve .. did i like it ? That is hard to answer also . I will say this , IF I had the sleeve FIRST I think I would have liked it . Its hard for me to tell you if the sleeve is "good or worked" because it never really worked the way it should have for me due to damage from my band. Now how do I like Bypass ? I like it . Its probably as "Normal" as I have felt in a long long time , there is no pain when eating, no joint aches or muscles aches , no vomitting , no getting stuck no throwing up . That being said, it is hard for me to say if bypass would have worked the same for me if i had it the second time or even the first time around. Of the 3 surgeries I am happiest at this point with the bypass.

NOW my progress... Weight loss wise its been slow. REAL Slow.  Its been about 35-40 pounds total so far since my sleeve to bypass. I am currently 183 and my docs office states I was 190 when I had surgery but that's not right I had gained some weight between my surgery and the pre op visit.  Now I have lost WAY more inches than pounds. I was in size 18/20 when i had surgery and am currently in a 12-14 depending on the brand. I just started taking my measurments. Another big change is ..



I am working out !! That's right , Mrs I hate to work out , dont like it never did it . I joined the Y last month and go 3-4 times a week , I actually half way ENJOY it ! Did you faint ?

I have been going to body pump , body combat and cardio funk classes ! I will even go and walk on the treadmill BEFORE a class ! ( did you faint again ? LOL) 
Even with the working out I am not loosing as much as I would like. I have a goal to have 25 pounds lost before Christmas. I would like to have ALL of the 40 or so pounds that i have left off before my one year anniversary .  If I get there I get there, but I know I am doing EVERYTHING I can to help myself. I feel better than I have in years now . I eat better and am enjoying myself for the first time in a long time ! So the moral of the story ? Who ever says weight loss surgery is the "Easy " way out has not seen my big ass at the gym working out ! Its ROUGH and HARD . I would have LOVED to have taken the "easy way out " instead of this way !! 

Here is a current picture of me. I had to take it to "See" the changes, while they are small I see them . 


1 comment:

  1. Looking good and yay on working out. I think thats the hardest part. At least for me. Lol. Looks like your moving toward a great direction. You got this.

    ReplyDelete