NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Friday, June 28, 2013

This and That

Things have been crazy lately . The last few weeks I had an AWFUL reaction to Mama Fu's lettuce wraps , not once but twice ! Took me a bit to figure out what it was ! I missed 4 shifts at work and 2 weeks at the gym . BUT the good thing about this way I realized how much I missed going to the gym.

This week I started the couch to 5 K program . If you don't know what it is , its a program that slowly builds you up to running a 5K . So you walk for a few minutes run for a few seconds then repeat. I have done day 2 of the first week so far, I will do day 3 tomorrow. I have to say I have started this program twice before when i had my band and could NOT get through it . My body ached so much it was impossible . The band made me physically ache all the time. Now its much easier, its not easy to do the running but I feel better after words . I could never figure out why people liked to run ( I still don't like to do it ) but back then it was so awful , nowI can at least some what look forward to doing it .

My weight loss is still stalled , however I am trying to eat more calories , between 1000-1200 a day.
That's getting easier. I have also gone down another pant size. Im in a L scrub bottom and L regular bottoms and tops !! They fit comfy too !

Its all still a process it all still takes work . But its a work in progress !


2 comments:

  1. Intersting :) Following a natural diet plan and incorporating exercise into daily routine are the best ways to control weight gain. But most people consider weight loss surgery as an easy way .As with any major surgery, weight loss surgery also pose potential health risks, both in the short term and long term. Risks particular to gastric banding are: Gastric band may slip partly out of place, stomach ulcers, gall stones, Scarring inside your belly, which could lead to a blockage in your bowel etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebeecca I am very aware of the complications from the lap band, I had mine removed in November. It nearly killed me , so i am very aware ... People think WLS is the easy way out ,, What i went through was far from easy and getting revised to a sleeve was far from easy

    ReplyDelete