NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Thursday, May 16, 2013

6 Months


6 MONTHS !!! 


6 months ago was my revision surgery . Lots of things have changed , lots of stayed the same .
As of today I am about 40 lbs down . I am in a size 14 jeans down from a size 24 and in a size XL shirt down from a 2XL . While the weight loss is good , admittedly it is slower than I thought. Although it gets frustrating some times to have stalls that last for weeks I am in the long run Ok with it. I know it will even out in the end.

As for food, I feel like i may have a bit of an aversion to some foods, due to not eating solids for so long and the effort it took to eat it .  Meat seems to be the biggest one . So when my insurance starts in a few weeks from my new job I plan on seeing a counselor about this among other things that i think are affecting my eating, weight .. It can't hurt .

Now the changes.. As far as eating goes I can eat just about anything, I probably could eat a whole piece of bread ( which i have not done in 8 yrs ) if i wanted to , but I'm choosing to stay away from bread. I have had a nibble of bread or a roll after I am done with my meal once or twice and it was fine.
The difference in how the sleeve works vs the band is quite different . Nearly every time i ate with the band there was some sort of pain , vomitting and discomfort . Even early on when the band was normal . I thought it was the band telling me to stop eating . Which it was but not the way it should be . The sleeve , I eat between 800-1000 calories a day and I stop before Im full, NO pain , NO discomfort , NO pain telling me to stop , NO Vomiting .. I am simply able to eat what I want just in smaller portions.
The way the band was suppose to work .

My joint pain, fatigue and over all all over body pain is gone for the most part. My ankles still hurt a bit mainly after working a 12 hour shift and that can linger into the next day some times, but nothing like before the band was removed. There is NO WAY I could have EVER had the job I have now , working 12 hour shifts in a hospital walking 12 plus miles ( yes i measured it ) a shift before my band was removed. It would not and could not have happened.

Another change . I am registering for nursing school ( starting my pre reqs ) in the fall . Something else i would have never been able to do , had the energy if my band was not out . I have wanted to be a nurse most of my life ! This is the first step towards that dream !

I also finally joined a gym !! i have my first personal trainer session with them on Monday , I still do not LIKE working out , but i do it !


Now for some of the same . Food is still a struggle. Not wanting to eat food just to eat it is a struggle.
The smaller stomach is obviously helpful to curb that , but old habits are so hard to break !!
I think the counseling will really help with some of that . Do I regret having my band out ? NO
Do I regret having sleeve surgery ? NO . Either way surgery or no surgery its a long term issue, its a life style change and old habits are hard to break !!




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on all your great changes in the last 6 months. I hope you can sort out the meat aversion, and good luck with the personal trainer!

    ReplyDelete