NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Weight Loss Plateau

Today is 7 weeks since my surgery . While I understand and am aware stalls are common around this time its still a little upsetting to go for a week and not loose any weight. I have been trying to avoid the scale on a daily basis as to not get discouraged but its not very easy .
There is a fear in the back of my mind that I went through all of this for NOTHING . What if this does not help me loose weight again ? Irrational im sure but it does go through my mind.

On a brighter note at least the surgery has helped me eat solids again . I have been able to eat some hamburger meat , some meat loaf and veggies. More solid proteins like pork or chicken still scare me to try.

I have also been pretty hungry lately , again something i hear that is common but I still have that fear " HERE WE GO AGAIN " . I am sure this will pass after I am able to eat more proteins. Its just a little hard right now .



3 comments:

  1. Yep! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Its just the body adjusting. I had to keep calm, take deep breaths and remember what I used to do vs now. It will pass and you will keep losing. Its going to happen. Its hard to trust the process when experience is so different. But it will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you on a PPI for stomach acid? I started feeling hunger around that time but it was actually just stomach acid. It really, really, really feels like hunger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I.just started a couple days ago . someone else suggested it

    ReplyDelete