NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

First Christmas with my Sleeve

My first Christmas, holiday with my new sleeve. I will be the first to admit I have been eating like total crap lately , the past week or so I would say  . Am i worried about it ? No .. I have gone so long with out eating real food, good food that I decided to not worry about it . Would this be advice I would give someone else ? At this point in the game , if they have gone through a revision and not eating solid foods for a year . Probably so . I can start working out full blown January first , I have been walking now . But I will start yoga in my house until I can join a gym.
Even with eating too often and not the right foods, I have not gained any weight , i have not lost anything in a few weeks but that's mainly due to the stall the normally happens around this time of year.

I have been "hungry " alot lately , but that has more to do with needing a PPI ( Prilosec ect ) than anything. It seems "Silent reflux" can make those of us with surgery feel like we are hungry .. So that's helping a little , it can take a coupe weeks for it to work fully . But over all I am happy with my progress. I am loosing inches ( which I need to start measuring so i know how much ) So Im pleased with my new sleeve !!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are able to eat again. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks i am too ! I figure out today that i have dumping syndrome but that's ok it will keep me from eating crap ! hope you had a great Christmas too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad that you were able to get some solids in you. I'm looking at starting some yoga as well.

    Bring on 2013, I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete