NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Monday, December 17, 2012

Enough of Hospitals already !!!

The past couple weeks have been some I hope I never have to go through again . My surgery was a month on the 14th . I am down 22 pounds, I seem to have hit a stall at this point, which is common and I also feel like im eating a whole lot. I have looked into it and read up on it and it seems to be common for this stage in the game. I will feel better when i start loosing again . I also have a rash on one of my incision area's ( waiting for docs office to call me back ) its red , raised and itches ! That being said I am finally starting to eat some solid foods .

The bad part .. on December 10th my son who is 4 hours away in college called me and said his stomach had been hurting him . I asked him what it felt like and he said a sharp pain ... He said he was going to study for finals and go to the clinic in the am when it opened at school. A few hours later he said it really hurt , I asked him to push on it and see if it hurt worse, he said yes . I told him to go to the ER right away it sounded like his appendix . So he did .. he got there around 9pm at night ... he called back a few hours later and said his appendix needed to come out and he would go to surgery in the am . So we headed down there a few hours later. Honestly thinking he would be in surgery already or out . WRONG . We got there nearly 12 hours after he was in the ER and he was STILL In the ER alone ! No one checked on him for over an hour after we got there, They nearly OD'd him on Pain meds , I could go on and on . They finally took him in surgery around 11am the next day ! Why ? Because the doctor decided to finally get his ass there !
They removed his appendix and said he would be there a day ... The next day after he was told he had to stay another day due to bacteria in his blood cultures his friends came up to see him . They told him his friend was down in the ER with HIS APPENDIX , it ruptured ! 2 weeks before their other friend was in the ER with his appendix, got some antibiotics and send him  home. CRAZY HUH ?? The hospital staff was not great , esp after we had to yell at them and the doc for taking so long to get him into surgery .
Finally after 3 days in the hospital he was sent home, where he is now !

I do not wish to see the inside of a hospital for a long time !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment