NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Friday, April 6, 2012

Lap Band And Auto Immune Disorders .. Maybe I am NOT Crazy after all !!

Some of you may remember a while ago I was having ( and still am ) some issues with my feet, muscle aches, and some others issues. The doctors never really could tell me what they thought it was, although one Rhemtologist (sp) said my blood work was possible for Chrohns disease.
Well, since I have been researching getting my lap band removed and the issues that people have been having along with that I came across this from LapBand Central :

There have been no reports of autoimmune disease with the use of the LAP-BAND® System. Autoimmune diseases and connective tissue disorders, though, have been reported after long-term implantation of other silicone devices. These problems can include systemic lupus erythematosus and scleroderma. At this time, there is no conclusive clinical evidence that supports a relationship between connective-tissue disorders and silicone implants. Long-term studies to further evaluate this possibility are still being done. You should know, though, that if autoimmune symptoms develop after the band is in place, you may need treatment. The band may also need to be removed. Talk with your surgeon about this possibility. Also, if you have symptoms of autoimmune disease now, the LAP-BAND® System may not be right for you.

Hummmm WHAT THE HELL ?? I have been talking to lots of other people who are in the same boat as me and looking around on message boards, LOTS and I mean LOTS Of other people have developed auto immune symptoms since getting their bands !

I am doing everything I can to try to get my band out , this is just one more reason to try and get the damn thing out now !

My other health issue posts can be found under Health or Auto Immune tabs.

Thanks so much .

2 comments:

  1. I had a band placed in 2007. Removed in 2009 after many problems. And developed RA and Lupus immediately following. I am 100% certain this was band related. I totally regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you had to go through this and the band has got to be taken off the market, I see time after time after time it causing so many issues !

    ReplyDelete