NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fill today : A new Start



I had my fill today . I was very anxious . My doctor, I do love him to death . He's so nice and understanding. I have no idea how he puts up with everyone like me !
He asked me where I had been ? How much weight I had gained......
DRUM ROLL PEOPLE .... 45 pounds ....................................................
Have you picked your self up off the floor ? Yeah I had to too !
He was very reassuring to me. I told him I had been having some medical issues, we went over them. He told me he wished I had been in earlier.
I told him i felt like i was starting over , he reassured me that I had done this once I can do this again . He's right .

His protocol for post fills is 3 days clear liquids, 3 days liquids, 3 days mushies and 3 days semi solids ( or solids if you feel up to it ) so that's going to be rough. When I use to do it for fills before it was not a big deal , but not having done it for a year, I think it might be rough . We shall see.

5 comments:

  1. PS , Please do not give me some comment about how you think its bullshit that my doc requires the post fill diet ! Im not a doc neither are you ! Everyone's docs does a different protocol and I wont tell you what your doc does is crap so dont tell me what my doc does is crap !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's bullshit or crap, but it's interesting how different everybody's doc's fill policy is! However, since you had problems with your band before, I think his policy is a good one. He's conservative, and I never think that's a bad idea where our bands are concerened.

    By the way, congrats on your fill!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beth , I get very annoyed when Someone says stuff like " THATS BULLSHIT your doc has you do ...... " On anything. No its not . Weather its my doc or anyone elses. There are reason's for it. I do not say that about any one's docs , (Actually i have said it about one doc here in town but I have my reasons LOL ) But To be conservative w/ something like a fill is not bullshit. And to say that about someone is rude. I have had lots of people say that about my docs post fill diets. It is interesting to me that docs have different protocols too . Personally I think it would be a lot easier for the patients if there was one standard. We could help each other out easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really conservative and probably the best thing for your. I am a brand spanking newbie (Jan 28) and my doc has already moved me on to full solids, Say what?! I'm gonna go slow, maybe a little tuna/chicken salad but you can best believe I won't be eating steaks. Every doc is different, hell within the hospital I'm in the doc and the nutritionist are on 2 different pages. I'll stick with what the NUT says

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I said everyone is different and that is pretty early , but I wont tell you " WHAT That's CRAP " LOL I agree you should just take it easy and listen to your body , if you eat something and it does not feel right then slow it down. Follow the rules and you should be just fine. Things change all the time in the lap band world .

    ReplyDelete