NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Recovery

SO how was your recovery after lap band surgery ? I get that a lot .
It was pretty good to be honest . I compare it to when i had my gall bladder out .
I had my surgery at 8 in the morning and i was home (2 hours away ) by 2pm that same day .
I was up walking around some, i slept a lot the first day .
The second day was good , walked around the house , Took naps .
The third day , I wont lie was painful. Im not sure why if i did too much the days before or what.
But it was not fun. I had a lot of pain getting up and down mainly .
By the 5th day I was pretty good, I was up out of the house with hubby running a few errands ( he drove)
The first week I was not hungry at all, I had to force myself to drink liquids because I did not really want anything but water. But i drank pretty much non stop .
Hunger did not set in until about week 3 and I got pretty bitchy by that point LOL

Once i got onto solid foods I was GOOD !!!
I could eat about half of what i could pre op straight out out of surgery .

No comments:

Post a Comment