NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Its been a while ....

Its now been over a year since my last revision ( from sleeve to bypass ) I would like to say I am at goal and happy with how things are going , but par for my course I am not .
At my last doc apt ( my year apt ) I found out im severely anemic and have to get Iron IV infusions.
I have had 2 infusions so far. The first one went great, only took about an hour and a half. They gave me a "test" dose to make sure I did not have a reaction to it , which I did not and things went well.
The second treatment should have only taken about an hour . I was hooked up to the IV and with in about 5-10 min began to have severe shortness of breathe, became flushed and had a very heavy chest. After a few attempts to get the nurses attention ,( They were busy talking to each other ) a patients husband yelled at them to help me and when the nurse got over to my I passed out !
They stopped the infusion and gave me an antihistamine and medrol ( a steroid ) and restarted it slowly and I was fine after that . Needless to say a scary situation ! So now my infusions instead of taking an hour will take 2-3 .

As for my weight loss etc, due to the anemia i have not been able to work out , walk or do anything, due to not having ANY energy at all . So the weight has been creeping back on slow or not so slowly!
I am also feeling like I can eat larger amounts than I should be able to again .
I am very fearful of my stomach stretched out again through no fault of my own  . I am going to be talking to my surgeon about this next time i see him . While I doubt I Could or would do anything about this , my husband would freak if i had another surgery , I have come to the conclusion that any help from WLS for me is not going to happen, The band did too much damage to me . So the very hard work on my part is about to start once i am cleared to work out . While I have always tried to be more active than before, working out has never been something I enjoyed. But its something I have come to the conclusion I will HAVE TO DO IT and continue to do it in order to not gain weight . After having 2 other failed WLS I feel as if this one has failed also . Which is hard to accept. I am not sure what is going on , but I feel as though the band caused so much damage that its just screwed up everything permanently, which is very hard to take  !

While I am not happy where i am now I do need to remember where i came from .
Before Lap band Surgery (250 Pds ) 
Dec 2014 After both revisions (190 ish pds)

No comments:

Post a Comment