NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 15, 2014

16 days Post op and 21 Pounds Down

Just wanted to give a little update on how things are going . I am steadily loosing a pound or 2 a day. Which is fine with me, I know that will slow down once I start to eat regular food.
Energy level is slowly getting back up to normal but I still end up having to take a nap almost everyday . I have also had some issues with sleeping since surgery . Hoping that gets better.

This go around has been a little harder as far as the full liquid stage . I wont lie.  Because of my migraines and issues with artificial sweeteners I have only found one protein drink that does not give me a migraine and I cant even have that one more than once a day .
Because of the artificial sweeteners bothering me I have to usually dilute full sugar items. For instance I drink 20 oz of water with 1 tablespoon of juice . That much does not bother me.
Sugar free jello and sugar free pudding are out , so I can only have a small amount of each at at a time Too much and i get sick to my stomach and feel nauseated . ( Dumping Syndrome) The dumping is a BIG issue for bypass and something I knew I would have because i dumped with my sleeve.
So I feel like i stay nauseated most of the day , I know that will get better when i can have more foods. I see the doc on Tuesday so he should move me up .
The GOOD thing about this surgery is I really am not hungry . I Just in the last day or so started to feel hunger and it will usually go away after drinking some more water.

I have to take my antibiotics with applesauce, ( Technically a mushy food ) and 2 or 3 bites and i can FEEL It going down or myself getting full . So I feel hopeful that is a good sign of the restriction to come.

So over all things are going well . Just anxious to move on to pureed foods so i can have some butternut squash or re fried beans !


2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your doing well. I've been following, reading, etc. Just no comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you're doing well! Hope your energy returns 100% soon but enjoy the journey!

    -Breanne
    www.ladylapband.com

    ReplyDelete