NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Coming to terms ...Fresh start while hitting a brick wall





The last week I have had a rough time mentally with my weight loss. I have lost 40 lbs since surgery and 30 of that was with in the first 30 days post op . I have gone from a size 22/24 to a 14 and those are beginning to get loose. I work out 4 times a week most weeks but minimum of 3 . I eat pretty good some days better than others and the weight is still not coming off. While realistically i KNOW i am loosing inches, It makes no since to me how i can loose that many inches and not loose the weight ?
I do not SEE the weight loss in myself at all , nor do i believe anyone who says they can see it . I am thinking about going to counseling to help me deal with this head stuff ! I think the band has done so much damage to my body its freaking out and not wanting to come off the weight for some reason !


While I KNOW I am 100% healthier than I EVER was with the band its still hard to deal with .
I am trying to come to terms with all of this, While I KNOW I should still be able to loose more weight its still frustrating and tough to deal with . All I can do is keep doing what I am doing to try to get it off.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read some stuff about slower weight loss (with revision surgeries) after having an initial procedure (e.g., band then sleeve). So, hopefully, this means that it will come off--maybe not as quickly as folks who are virgin sleevers but still, the end result is what matters. At any rate, I hope the scale starts moving soon for you, Mindy! I know that stalls are not any fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are losing inches but not weight, you are losing fat but also building muscle. No one knows our weight. They only know what they see. If we are losing inches, we're getting smaller so that's what they see.

    ReplyDelete