NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lucky !

I realized the other day how lucky i was to have found the doc I have to do my surgery , to have done the fundraiser i did to raise money and everything that went along with my surgery .
I have a great new job that I just started ... One of my thoughts before my surgery was "Ill wait to have my surgery until I get a job that has insurance " while my insurance is great with the new job there is one problem , It only covers ONE weight loss surgery per life time . Meaning I would not have been able to get my surgery with that insurance. Also the PCIP plan I did get for my surgery is no longer taking new applications.
Why are they not taking new applications ? From the PCIP site :

Beginning February 16, 2013, the federally-run Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) is suspending acceptance of new enrollment applications until further notice. State-based PCIPs may continue accepting enrollment applications through March 2, and will then suspend acceptance of new enrollment applications until further notice. PCIP will continue providing coverage to more than 100,000 people currently enrolled nationwide. We encourage you to visit http://finder.healthcare.gov Exit Disclaimer Icon to explore your other health care options.
Note: If you lost PCIP coverage during the past 6 months because you moved out of state, you may be eligible to re-enroll in PCIP in your new state of residence. Please call 1-866-717-5826 (TTY: 1-866-561-1604), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST, if you believe you are eligible.
Why is PCIP enrollment being suspended?
PCIP is a temporary program for those locked out of the current insurance marketplace. The program has a limited amount of funding from Congress.
Based on program experience and trends since the start of the program, PCIP enrollees have serious and expensive illnesses with significant and immediate health care needs. More information can be found in the Annual Report on the Implementation and Operation of the PCIP Program
available here Exit Disclaimer Icon.
This suspension will help ensure that funds are available through 2013 to continuously cover people currently enrolled in PCIP.


In other words , too many sick people needed help ! Geesh what a surprise !
things turned out the way they were suppose to I guess. I am so glad that I had things taken care of when i did . I may not be loosing weight the way I wanted, or hoped, but it IS coming off, with out the surgery I would not be able to do that . I would not have the awesome job I have , because i could not physically do it !

To everyone who helped out in one way or another THANKS ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment