NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Eating ... Starting Over High Protein

I need to start over in eating, band eating. I noticed in reading a few others blogs that we all seem to have issues, need refreshers from time to time in that.
So I thought I would try to ( TRY being the operative word) post something a couple times a week ( or at least once in a while LOL ) about food.

Today since the band order of eating is Protein, veggies, fruits then starches I'll start w/ foods high in protein.

Because of my issues w/ my stomach I have tried the best I can to avoid red meat and some other meats. Which is making me nearly a vegetarian . Now with the band that is going to be rough because we need protein .

So here are some foods/links/ lists that might help ...
http://heartspring.net/list_of_high_protein_foods.html
http://commonsensehealth.com/Diet-and-Nutrition/List_of_High_Protein_Foods.shtml

"Best High Protein Foods"

* whey (supplement found in health food stores)
* chicken breast
* turkey breast
* salmon
* tuna
* cottage cheese
* swordfish
* haddock
* lean ground turkey
* round steak
* sirloin steak
* lean ground beef
* orange roughy
* eggs
* pork
* crab
* lobster
* shrimp
* buffalo

Source for above info ( womenshealth.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment