NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pullilng my hair out !


Well for the past few months I have not felt well.
Funny thing I had my lap band surgery 4 yrs ago to have a better quality of life.
I had it when I did so I would NOT have a stroke, have high BP , have this or that, I did it when I did before I had any serious health issues. Now , I almost feel worse than I did before my surgery . I will say this, I am thankful I am NOT 250 pounds dealing with what I am dealing with now .


You might remember the issues w/ my feet and all that. Well my husband finally told me to go see a GI doc and figure out what was going on , to get an official diagnoses so i could go from there. I knew he would want to do a colonoscopy and I knew we did not have the money for it since we still do not have insurance. I went to the doc he told me it does look like I could have crohns disease ( which I suspected and the other doc did as well ) and he wanted to do the colonoscopy . Well its $1200 ! My husband told me to just do it. So , I had that done last Friday . Well guess what ? It showed NOTHING ! I had one polyp removed and that was it , no active Crohns. A friend who has Crohns said that just means its not in my colon .
But I am back to square one ! It means more tests more doctors that I dont have the money for .
When I have my flare ups I am in bed for days sometimes a week on end, the fatigue is indescribable and it takes me weeks to recover. I cant eat much and its just exhausting , and it happens over and over again ! So I guess after the pathology result come back I'll go back to the GI and see what he says from there !

No comments:

Post a Comment