NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Monday, October 5, 2009

Back to the Basics

So I am turning over a new leaf. I am going back to the basics ! Back to what I know , back to what allowed me to lose 125 pounds . Back to practicing what I preach .
I know what I need to do , granted its a little different in a way , my band is totally unfilled , however i do have portion control w/ the little restriction i have. So if i can find some control over my hunger I might be ok with the band the way it is. The trick to the hunger might just be the basics. It might not , i might still need a small fill to help control it . But I wan to try eating more protein , veggies, cutting out the crap. Since i have moved in w/ my parents i have ate more crap in 4 months than i have in the last 2 years. I am ok if i need a very small fill. Before I had this last total unfill i was maintaining for months with only .50cc's in my band. That tells me I just need a very small fill to control my hunger.

So im back to the basics, back to blogging, making myself accountable to the world. Back to asking and giving support ! I dont have as much time for that as i use to but i'll give and get what i have !

So IM HERE !

4 comments:

  1. I wish you the best as you turn over this new leaf. I hear you on the parents thing. If I lived with my mom -- she would be poking crap down me all day long. Funny, we didn't get to eat crap when I was a little kid :)

    Take Care,

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that I found your blog! I was banded in June 09 and started at 252lbs and wanted to loose 125lbs, you look so fantastic and if you have any advice I would LOVE to hear it! Why is it that you do not have anything in your band right now?????

    www.ladylapband.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ya'll. Lapbandlady, I send you an email !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, living with MY parents would be a real trial for weight loss. I just got gastric sleeve so I am new at all of this, less than a week post surgery. My mom stayed with us to help with my little ones and she talked about food constantly. She watched the cooking channel, thumbed through magazines with fall recipes and told me how many of them she would be cooking when she got home, kept commenting repeatedly that she didn't know HOW I would survive for a whole month on a liquid diet. I love her and she was a tremendous help. But I was silently doing a victory dance when she pulled away today!! I CAN do this -- and it will be so much easier (not easy, mind you, but easier) without her here obessing on pumpkin spice muffins and enchilada casserole and 200 others things that are OFF LIMITS for me right now!

    ReplyDelete