NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My How a Year Changes Things

Wow how a year ( plus a few months ) can change things.
My life has change so much in the last year and a half i cant even begin to put it in to words .
Prior to July 07 I was a miserable person , there is no other way to put it. I was unhappy with my self, unhappy with my life, unhappy with my marriage just plain unhappy . Most if not all of it stemmed from my weight . ( See picture to the left) I mean really look at me . I did not want to go anywhere, do anything , take my children anywhere or be seen in public , i was a step away from a shut in probably .
After i had my surgery my life slowly changed. I slowly felt better about myself . I slowly wanted to do things , wanted to get out of the house , be around people , go more places. As more weight came off i felt better and better about myself. I can honestly tell you now having my band put in was THE BEST choice i have ever made for MYSELF ! So many times women put themselves last. We are mothers, we are wives we are care takers . We forget we are WOMEN , we are our own selves too ! Our priorities , our selves get put on the back burners and we neglect ourselves. I can tell you that is what happened to me . But i can tell you that will never , ever , ever happen to me again . I will not put myself on the back burner . I will take care of myself . I may not always be able to put myself first ( we are after all mothers too ) BUT I will make myself a priority .
This year has been tough as well. BUT the change has been shocking to even me . I still have things to work on , still have more weight to get off. But I cant tell you how happy I am with the start so far. To those of you who are frustrated. Work the band , let it work for you ! In the end its an AMAZING Feeling !!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL !!!!

5 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say other than WOW. You are SUCH an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your blog are an inspiration to those of us who have just started this journey. I wish for you a year of health and much happiness in ONEderland. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    Your journal is such an inspiration! This year will be your year also!

    Bel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at your before and after photos, they inspire me so much. You look absolutely fantastic!

    You must be so happy with your family portraits, they are lovely photos that you will have forever.

    Happy New year,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete