NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Saturday, August 23, 2008


I have realized a few things over the last few days that were a result of being over weight. Or were caused by being over weight.
My son is in JV football now in high school. I went to a "dinner' for the mom's the other night, it was called the "Gridiron" mom's dinner. I did not go last yr ( his freshman yr ) because well, frankly I did NOTHING last yr. I did not want to go anywhere, do anything or see anyone . I realized that all the other mom's there already knew each other , were active in the football program ect and had been for at least a yr or 2.

Last night one of our players on the JR team got injured pretty badly . (it turns out he's probably going to be ok ) But I was there to help comfort his mom , it was an away game , and had rained so most other moms had left. I realized once again I did not know her, she barely knows me .
And its again due to my weight. Now that my weight is off and I am trying to be more active and do more things I want to be able to be the "football" mom . I was glad i was able to be there and help her last night , I thought if that had been me , not being active, not knowing other moms very well, what would have happened.

I guess my point, After so many yrs of doing , being nothing, How do you get back into the swing of things ? I am trying to just get in there. In high school I was in the 'in " crowd. I Never felt like i did not fit in . I guess now i feel like i don't fit in and im trying to find my way " IN " .
Its a very different feeling for me . Something I am not use to at all !
I guess i just realized this weekend how MUCH I have been missing out on from being FAT !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment