NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Monday, June 2, 2014

Lap band to sleeve , sleeve to RNY Surgery

I am just able to get to a computer and functional enough to type more than a few sentences ! So here is what happened, I had the surgery done on Thursday ( Sleeve to RNY) The doc came in post op and asked me if i have ever been diagnosed with a connective tissue disorder ? I said no why ? He said my hiatial hernia has stretched its away back out , as did my esophagus and my sleeve. He said I would have known by now if i had any connective tissue disorder, However he seemed sure since I did not that the RNY pouch would not stretch its way back out, he also said IF It did there was a very small pouch and it should be ok ? So I dunno ! So the first day I was super happy to have the PCA ( Patient controlled anesthesia ) HOWEVER let me tell you if you have migraines SO NOT GET A PCA ! The pca meds ( dilated ) caused me to get a migraine , Its one of the side affects. Once a RN realized this was causing my migraine she switched the pain meds for me , HOWEVER it was one of the WORST Migraines i have ever had , and the migraine cause me to get nauseated
and then dry heave . It was NOT FUN , by far the worst day My doc comes in ( The one who did my sleeve ) See's my hunched over and says " You look like your in pain your not going anywhere today ( I should have gone home ) So the next day he came in and saw I was doing better, asked If i felt I could go home and I said yes, So he let me go home, I only had to stay one extra day which is great. The comparisons between this surgery and the band and sleeve, this one was by far the most painful ! But I am feeling alot better today, I am trying to see if i can go longer than 4 hours for my pain meds today to wean myself off of them . So far today feeling pretty good !

No comments:

Post a Comment