NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Eating Right Again but a little different

So after watching Oprah the other day I have decided to try to eat right again . Something I was going to do anyway. But im going to try something different. The "next level" if you will.
As some of you might remember I have chronic migraines . One of the best things to do for migraines is to eat fresh, non processed foods. The less preservatives the better. So after watching Oprah and the episode of "food 101 " Im going to try my own version of what was said in the episode. Which is :

1. Eat Food , Mostly Plants ( greens, veggies )

2. Naturally raised beef and chicken and pork when I can find it , if i cant find it or afford it I wont buy it .

3. Pasteurized Milk, Milk from Grass fed cows ( NOT cheap by the way)
I will substitute this some for Rice and Almond Milk

4.Avoid food products containing ingredients that a third-grader cannot pronounce.
I found some products today , natural pasta side dishes, that fit into this.. Meaning they had 3 or 4 simple ingredients .

5. Whole Wheat Breads and Pastas.

6. Eat only foods that will eventually rot. (This will be modified a bit due to the kids foods. But for MY foods it will apply ! )

7. Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself. ( I think this is a GREAT Rule ! )

8. While shopping i will stay on the outer isles of the store the best i can . Fresher , healthier foods are there . !

That pretty much sums it up i think.

I went shopping today my bill was not TOO much more than my normal either which was great.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your new approach!
    I've always tried to shop the outside of the store....but with thee kids and working I caved to the quick meals.. Trying to raise our own food now, eggs, veggies and beef.
    Glad to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous! I totally agree with the 3rd grader pronounciation. We started buying naturally raised chicken and beef. The prices are higher, but we also started eating normal size portions..which helps offset the cost. Have you watched that documentary called "Food"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ya'll. I have not seen Food inc yet, I have been wanting to watch it , I just saw its on my Demand channel so i'll watch it tonight maybe .

    ReplyDelete