NO LAP BAND SURGERY

Please note : On some browsers I believe "ads" are popping up over my blog description for Lap Band Surgery . Or where to get lap band surgery , I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS .. And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE LAP BAND SURGERY .

About Me

My name is Mindy and I am a wife and mother of 2 boys, Ages 20 and 12. I recently started on the path of becoming a nurse something i have wanted to do since i was 11 !

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pictures are worth a thousand words



Friday I will head back to Dallas to have a EDG , they will stick a camera down my throat to see if my lap band has eroded through my stomach .A scary thought right now . I have a friend who just last night was in the ER and ended up being admitted to have her band removed via emergency surgery . Turns out her band had slipped so badly it was starting to adhere to her liver , a portion of her liver had to be removed as well.

If my band is not eroded I'll be SHOCKED !

I came across these pictures today and thought It would help explain my situation a little better.

The Above picture is one of a normal lap band  the band is what the arrows are pointing at . The white you see is the barium . The barium should go through like if you poured water through a napkin ring . No problems .
The above picture is that of a band with issues, basically what my band looks like. The white you see the arrows pointing at is the barium . It just sits on top of the band ( marked B ) my will eventually trickle through the band .


Every now and then I am able to eat "solid" foods like potatoes and even real solid food. But after the doctor saw this he was not sure how that wast even possible.

So I thought it might help to see some pictures of what bad and " good" bands look like !
photo credit from http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0016510709021798

No comments:

Post a Comment