Since I have been looking into having my band removed and having a sleeve put in I have learned alot. I have learned: ( Keep in mind this is only how i feel )
1. That the lap band was " sold' to me as the newest and greatest thing. ( not necessarily by my doc but my the manufacturer) We were all told how much weight we could lose how it would stay off and if we regained it " just get a fill it will come back off "
2. The lap band has failed me , I have not failed.
3. I have an addiction and issue with food , i need a tool to help me with that, the lap band is just not that tool.
4. The feelings, the weight gain , the heart burn etc are all thanks to the bands " after math "
5. I have figured out that because i can not eat " normal foods' solid proteins , rice , pasta, etc with out being in pain, I am then resorting to things I can get down such as ice cream , milk shakes, high calorie foods because those do go down .
6. I have also learned, ITS NOT JUST ME. Nearly EVERYONE I know who got banded 5,6,7 yrs ago are having the same issues, most do not have their bands or are getting them out.
I am doing everything I can to try to get mine removed and revised. It may take me some time.
The only thing i can try to do in the mean time is not gain more weight while I am waiting for this process to happen .